Impact in a Changing World
Amani Institute has teamed up with the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) to curate the Impact in a Changing World Conference in Nairobi, Kenya on 22nd October at Fairview Hotel. This conference will explore the macro trends in impact work at a global level and what are the skills and partnerships needed to amplify our impact both at the personal and organizational level as well as how we can play an active role in shaping the future we want.This is not your typical conference – there are no long speeches – we promise! Rather, we have structured the conference in 4 tiers namely:
- Knowledge – Panel on Public, social, private sector: how to make the collaboration work and over 20 speakers from multiple sectors. This panel will feature Vincent Ogutu, the Vice Chancellor Designate of Strathmore University, Maryanne Ocholla, Chapter Manager of ANDE East Africa, Robert Karanja,Regional Lead (Africa), The B Team . We will also have a Technology for Impact Showcase from Huawei.
- Skills Building – Numerous skills workshops to impart tangible 21st century skills that participants can apply in their work.
- Inspiration – Walk Your Talk: stories by changemakers actively working to improve society.
- Networking – Meet with professionals from different sectors who to explore synergies to facilitate amplification of impact work in East Africa and beyond.
Some of the confirmed workshops are:
- Lean data approaches to impact measurement and management by 60 Decibels.
- Addressing high attrition: looking beyond money by Open Capital Advisors
- Becoming a purpose-driven leader by Amani Institute.
- Intrapreneurship: Innovation and Impact from Within by Amani Institute.
- Law as a Tool for Impact by TrustLaw (Thompson Reuters Foundation)
- Reimagining parenting for the 21st century by Ashoka
- Career Information Session by ANDE.
The inspirational segment of the conference, Walk Your Talk, will be graced by these incredible speakers
- Bernard Chiira – Director, Innovate Now – AT2030 and Chair of ASSEK (the Association for Startup and SME Enablers of Kenya.)
- Emma Miloyo – Co-Founder and Director, Design Source
- Winnie Karanu – AI Country Plan Program Manager at Microsoft.
- Adam Lane – Senior Director, Public Affairs Huawei Southern Africa
- Mwihaki Muraguri – Founder, Paukwa Storytelling
The day will culminate in a networking session/happy hour facilitated by our partners, the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs.
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Get your tickets before they sell out!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Early Bird Tickets – Ksh. 2,000 (SOLD OUT)
Advance Tickets – Ksh. 3,000
You can pay for your early bird tickets via Mpesa paybill number 687798 or via our Mookh page. In case of any queries please contact 0718248478.
NB: Ticket caters for conference entry and access to all workshops ,food throughout the day and access to the networking session.Register Now