Amani Social Innovation Management Program wins Innovation Award
We are proud to be amongst this year’s Ashoka U – Cordes Innovation Award winners with our Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Social Innovation Management. We congratulate all the semi-finalists and winners of the other categories – it’s an honor to be in your company and we are excited to build this movement of change in higher education together with you.
Amani Institute started out in 2011 to search for a better educational model to train professionals to build careers of meaning and impact to create sustainable positive change. In the same year Ashoka U and the Cordes Foundation partnered to create a unique award “recognizing outstanding programmatic innovations that advance social impact education”, which has created much needed awareness for incredible work in the field of higher education.
Five years into testing, implementing and continuously innovating our flagship program in Social Innovation Management we are humbled to receive this award. It recognizes high impact and highly replicable education innovations. Previous awardees include pioneering teaching models, co-curricular programming, community partnerships, and research. We are proud to be in the company of many other innovators such as ThinkImpact, Echoing Green’s Work on Purpose, Global Citizen Year, University of Oregon’s Sustainable City Year Program, and Brown University’s Swearer Sparks storytelling platform. Read more about all winners here.
Here are the 2017 winners in all four categories:
- Academic Learning: Global Social Benefit Fellowship – Santa Clara University
- Student Pathways:Post-Graduate Certificate in Social Innovation Management – Amani Institute
- Student Services & Student Affairs:Creating Emory – Emory College
- Community Partnerships:Common Good First – Glasgow Caledonian University
An expert panel selected awardees based on four criteria:
- Innovation– the model addresses a clear challenge or opportunity for advancing an entrepreneurial or socially impactful mindset, skillset, and culture for the university context
- Replication– the model may be easily adapted without losing quality and impact
- Maturity– there is evidence of refinement and iteration of the model over time
- Impact– the model has a clear contribution to social impact, a track record of results and success, and if scaled, the potential to be transformative for higher education.
In the Student Pathways category, Ashoka U recognizes innovative pathways institutions are building to support students’ pursuit of changemaking education. Amani Institute hasn’t only pioneered a post-graduate program but also actively worked towards linking it up with other higher education institutions allowing their Fellows to access traditional accreditation options through their partnerships with the UPEACE Center for Executive Education and Lynn University.
Ilaina Rabbat, Co-founder and Executive Director at Amani Institute accepted the award on behalf of our Fellows, the team, our incredible roster of instructors and everyone who has contributed to making this program impactful and relevant for changemakers from all over the world no matter their socio-economic background, nationality or age. What unites Amani Fellows is their desire to make social impact through their work.
Watch here the live-stream of the award ceremonies and see Ilaina accept the award (from minute 8:50 onwards):
+55 (11) 94382 9599