Since its inception in 2017, the program has trained 130 middle and senior managers from 50 Small and Growing Businesses in East Africa. Nearly one in three companies that send one manager to this program end up sending more managers after that – a testament to the program’s effectiveness.
The Argidius Foundation and the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) declared Amani Institute the winner of the Argidius-ANDE Talent Challenge (AATC) as this award-winning leadership program provides an innovative and highly effective leadership development solution that creates value for Small and Growing Businesses (SGB) that leads to immediate improved business results. Thanks to this recognition we are now scaling this program globally - renaming it Leadership for Growth - with courses running in India and Brazil as well. In Brazil the program is called Acelerando Gestores Para Escalar – AGE and all classes run in Portuguese.
- Next Program 14 May 2020 – 30 Oct 2020
- Rolling Applications Register Now
- Location São Paulo, Brazil
- Participants 25 (Maximum number per cohort)
- Language Portuguese
Learn what the program looks like directly from people who have joined it in Kenya
About The Program
São Paulo, Brazil
Dates for 2020:
1° Semester: May 14th until October 30th
9 classes on Thursday and Friday.
Who is it for?
AGE - Acelerando gestores para Escalar is specifically designed for managers of small, medium and growing businesses across Brazil. We transform participating managers into high impact leaders.
This program is for your organization if:
- You are a commercially viable business with 5 to 250 employees.
- Your organization has the ambition and the potential to expand significantly within the next 1-3 years.
- You believe that investing in your managers is a key success factor to scale your business.
What are the benefits for your organization?
- As an employer you can expect:
- An efficient manager development solution that doesn’t take your manager away from the business.
- A local option to learn best practices from the cutting-edge of global leadership and management thinking, at affordable Brazilian prices.
- A solution to retention challenges through having more engaged employees in a changing workspace.
- Demonstrated proof of your commitment to talent development.
- Your managers will:
- Gain essential business and leadership skills including strategy, systems thinking, innovation, team development.
- Take advantage of a highly interactive, hands-on curriculum designed to transfer their new skills to their day-to-day job.
- Implement a business innovation project that will create a direct positive impact on your business.
- Develop a peer network across Brazil.
Why This Program
Small, medium and growing businesses (SGBs) are global engines of shared prosperity: they drive growth, promote sustainability, and support equity around the world.
However, unlike many medium-sized companies, SGBs often lack access to the financial and knowledge resources required for growth. Further, many SGBs are faced with a “Talent Challenge”, a finding that also gets highlighted in the ANDE Impact Report: “Once SGBs have reached a certain size and maturity, often their biggest challenge is building a team that is able to manage their next step to scale. Recruiting the right candidates, developing current staff, and retaining the team are all key challenges.“
Further, as another report Education for the 22nd Century points out, there are gaps consisting of soft skills such as determination and decision-making, communication skills, leadership and management, entrepreneurial and critical thinking, and the ability to work in a team.
Amani Institute developed this program to address this challenge by focusing on leadership and management skills for middle and senior managers, with the aim to develop the skills necessary to manage SGBs both in the present and in a rapidly changing world.
Three core pillars
The program aims to develop mindsets, skills, and knowledge required to create positive impact across three levels: self, team, organisation. This is reflected on the three pillars of the program.
Not sure what your time through the program will look like? Click here to download the program brochure.DOWNLOAD PDF
What Makes The Program Unique
- Focusing on Business Outcomes
The program aims at facilitating improved business outcomes, not just learning outcomes. We work with individuals to strengthen the results of their business innovation projects.
- Delivering for Application
Because learning only creates value when applied, our solution is designed to facilitate on-the-job application. The practical nature of each session allows participants to apply what they have learnt, based on immediate needs within the organization. Our methodologies are focused on experiential learning and hands-on experience.
- Combining Expertise, Experience & Insight
It is comprised of the three interlocking pillars of building professional expertise, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
If you are an employee and would like to participate, please click here. If you want to nominate your managers to participate, please click here. If you need additional clarification, please contact Flávia Cerruti or Mariana Freddi
Admission to the AGE - ACELERANDO GESTORES PARA ESCALAR is selection based. All completed applications will be assessed based on the program’s criteria for admission. (see section on eligibility above)
The participant application takes about 10 minutes to complete. It requires personal and professional information. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend that you apply early.
Thanks to financial support from the Argidius Foundation, the Amani Institute is offering this highly valued program in the first class of 2020 for highly subsidized rates. It is worth noting that the cost of the program at market rates is approximately USD 5,000.
The current program fee is of R$ 7.500,00 per participant. Discounts are available for organisations sending multiple employees.