Since its inception in 2017, the program has trained 130 middle and senior managers from 50 Small and Growing Businesses in East Africa. Nearly one in three companies that send one manager to this program end up sending more managers after that – a testament to the program’s effectiveness.
The Argidius Foundation and the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) declared Amani Institute the winner of the Argidius-ANDE Talent Challenge (AATC) as this award-winning leadership program provides an innovative and highly effective leadership development solution that creates value for Small and Growing Businesses (SGB) that leads to immediate improved business results. Thanks to this recognition we are now scaling this program globally - renaming it Leadership for Growth - with courses running in India and Brazil as well.
- Next Program 15 May 2020 – 11 Sep 2020
- Rolling Applications Registration open
- Location Bengaluru
- Participants 25
- Language English
Learn what the program looks like directly from people who have joined it in Kenya
About The Program
Who is it for?
Leadership for Growth is specifically designed for middle and senior managers of small and growing businesses across India. We transform participating managers into high impact leaders.
This program is for your organization if:
- You are a commercially viable business with 5 to 250 employees.
- Your organization has the ambition and the potential to expand significantly within the next 1-3 years.
- You believe that investing in your managers is a key success factor to scale your business.
What are the benefits for your organization?
- As an employer you can expect:
- Immediate business results as your staff have acquired the business and leadership skills to manage the organization both in the present and in a rapidly changing future.
- An efficient manager development solution that doesn’t take your manager away from the business.
- A local option to learn best practices from the cutting-edge of global leadership and management thinking, at affordable, Indian prices.
- A solution to retention challenges through having more engaged employees in a changing workspace.
- Demonstrated proof of your commitment to talent development.
- Your managers will:
- Gain essential business and leadership skills including strategy, systems thinking, innovation, team development.
- Take advantage of a highly interactive, hands-on curriculum designed to transfer their new skills to their day-to-day job.
- Implement a business innovation project that will create a direct positive impact on your business.
- Develop a peer network across India.
The next program is starting from May 2020 in Bengaluru, India. All class dates will be on Friday and/or Saturday.
India Cohort 2
Module 1 Leading Self: 15th and 16th May 2020
Module 2 Leading Others: 5th and 6th June 2020
Module 3 Leading the Business: Part 1: 3rd and 4th July 2020
Module 4 Leading the Business: Part 2: 7th and 8th August 2020
Module 5 Impact Showcase: 11th September 2020
Why This Program
Small and growing businesses (SGBs) are global engines of shared prosperity: they drive growth, promote sustainability, and support equity around the world.
However, unlike many medium-sized companies, SGBs often lack access to the financial and knowledge resources required for growth. Further, many SGBs are faced with a “Talent Challenge”, a finding that also gets highlighted in the ANDE Impact Report: “Once SGBs have reached a certain size and maturity, often their biggest challenge is building a team that is able to manage their next step to scale. Recruiting the right candidates, developing current staff, and retaining the team are all key challenges.“
Further, as another report Education for the 22nd Century points out, there are gaps consisting of soft skills such as determination and decision-making, communication skills, leadership and management, entrepreneurial and critical thinking, and the ability to work in a team.
Amani Institute developed this program to address this challenge by focusing on leadership and management skills for middle and senior managers, with the aim to develop the skills necessary to manage SGBs both in the present and in a rapidly changing world.
To learn more, contact [email protected]
Three core pillars
The program aims to develop mindsets, skills, and knowledge required to create positive impact across three levels: self, team, organisation. This is reflected on the three pillars of the program.
Not sure what your time through the program will look like? Check out this program outline.DOWNLOAD PDF INDIA
What Makes The Program Unique
- Focusing on Business Outcomes
The program aims at facilitating improved business outcomes, not just learning outcomes. We work with individuals to strengthen the results of their business innovation projects.
- Delivering for Application Because learning only creates value when applied, our solution is designed to facilitate on-the-job application. The practical nature of each session allows participants to apply what they have learnt, based on immediate needs within the organization. Our methodologies are focused on experiential learning and hands-on experience.
- Combining Expertise, Experience & Insight It is comprised of the three interlocking pillars of building professional expertise, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
All potential participants need to be nominated by their organization first.
The nomination form for India Cohort 2 can be found here. Upon receiving the nomination form, we will then send you further instructions on how your employees can apply.
If you are an employee and would like to participate, please contact [email protected].
Admission to the Leadership for Growth Program is selection based. All completed applications will be assessed based on the program’s criteria for admission. (see section on eligibility above)
The participant application takes about 10 minutes to complete. It requires personal and professional information. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend that you apply early.
Thanks to financial support from the Argidius Foundation, Amani Institute is able to offer this program at a highly subsidized rate in 2020-2021.
The program fee is INR 60,000 (+ GST) per participant.
- Five classroom modules (9 full days)
- Lunches, coffee breaks and snacks provided during the classroom modules
- All reading and other materials required to participate in the program